Sunday, November 25, 2012

Driver Spotlight: Emilee Riley


Emilee Riley

 
Emilee Riley has been racing for 4 years. Racing has been a dream of hers for quite some time. "I started gaining the desire to race when I was a little girl. I would always go with my family to all the NASCAR races and I just immediatley knew that was my goal in life,"  Emilee shared. With the help from her family, friends, and all of her sponsors, she was able to pursue her dream at 14 years old. 
 
Emilee is the first female champion truck driver at Gresham Motorsports park. When asked how it felt to acheive this she said, "When I was told I recieved the 2012 GMP Champion I was so thrilled. It was a dream come true to gain this big accomplishment knowing that it was my first year in the trucks and we had to work our way up to get the opportunity to even try to race." Emilee attributes her success to her team who is constantly making changes to better their cars and her sponsor committments. She hopes to keep racing and to slowly work her way up in her career and one day be in the NASCAR series.
 
Outside of my racing she loves to ride fourwheelers and hang out with friends, family, and her boyfriend. She was involved in dance at school however she had to give it up to pursue her racing career. Her advice for girl racers, "It is a competition in racing being a female driver, but you just have to keep your head high and know that you can do anything as long as you have the desire too."

Emilee credits her racing success to Jds auto sales (www.usedcarsonclearance.com), Rocco`s pub, John Megel`s chevy (www.megelchevy.com), Michael Joe's Graphics (www.michaeljoes.com), Palmer Dodge, K.Berger Construction, Inc., MGIRoofing, ZeroedN Photography, and Mary's Monogramming & More, and all of her family and friends whom believe in and support her. She is currently working on a website. Stay tuned for the link. We will share it as soon as it is completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment