Sunday, October 21, 2012

Driver Spotlight: Jenna Grillo


Jenna Grillo


Jenna started racing when she was 10 years old. She is now in her 6th season of racing. She started racing in the tag cadet class at a local track. After two seasons she moved up to the world formula junior class. After two more seasons she started racing s5 class for the regional SKUSA series (it is a restricted 125cc shifter kart with a smaller carb.) She won the SKUSA midwest championship. This year she raced the midwest series, as well as the SKUSA national series.

She was kind enough to answer a few questions.

GirlsRace2.com: You race nationally how often do you travel and where is your favorite racing track/location?

Jenna: The national series has 3 races, this year SpringNationals was in Phoenix, AZ. SummerNationals was in Salt Lake City, Utah, and SuperNationals is in Las Vegas, Nevada! My favorite track probably has to be Newcastle, Indiana. It is an awesome track that is perfect for shifter karts!

GirlsRace2.com: What is your favorite moment in your racing career?

Jenna: I think my favorite moment in my racing career probably has to be in 2011 at Newcastle Motorsports Park. I swept the day, I qualified with the pole position. I won the prefinal by 10 seconds, and I won the final by 28 seconds!

GirlsRace2.com: What do your friends fellow classmates say/ think about you racing?

Jenna: My friends at school all think it's the coolest thing ever that I race! Especially when I show up to school looking like a complete girly girl!!

GirlsRace2.com: What are your other hobbies besides racing?

Jenna: My other hobby beside racing includes dancing, which I did nationally from the age of four to the age of twelve when I quit because I was missing too much racing for dance competitions!

GirlsRace2.com: What is your ultimate goal for your racing career?

Jenna: My ultimate goal for my racing career is to get out of karts, move up the indy ladder, and win the Indianapolis 500! I realize this is a big goal, but I am a very ambitious girl, and I believe in myself!

"I absolutely love being a girl in a sport that is dominated by men! Taking my helmet off, and shaking my hair out while being infront of a line of guys I just finished infront of is a very rewarding feeling!"

Thank you Jenna for sharing your story! We look forward to watching you move up the Indy ladder to the Indianapolis 500. To find more information on Jenna and follow her career visit her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jenna-Grillo-Racing/155665724520041?fref=ts or her Twitter page https://twitter.com/jennagrillo15.

No comments:

Post a Comment