Wednesday, August 15, 2012

At the Top of the Podium- What a day!!

 

Ashlee Opatic- Feature Winner East Lansing Kart Track

08/12/2012


I have to say hands down this was my favorite race so far. I know this is only my daughter's rookie season and there will be many more races, but I am so proud of her. All of the kids who have had top results in the kid kart class were there to race on Sunday afternoon. There was a total of 5 karts and their times were were all so close it could have been anyones' game.

The first heat race she was a little anxious and ended up spinning out. She finished that heat in 4th. Sure it  was disappointing but we still had another heat race and of course the big race that really mattered the feature.

The second heat race she started in the 2nd row and had a good start. She was driving really well and ended up finishing in 2nd place. My heart was beating so fast the whole time. I was so excited and nervous all at the same time.

Finally it was time for the feature. She was starting in the 2nd row again. I had to do something to distract myself so I brought my camera with me and snapped pictures the whole way through. She had the best start she pulled out in front just out of the first turn. The kid behind her was breathing down her back and wanted around her badly. She held her own and started to pull away. The entire race she was in the front. (I was so excited and yelling so much. I'm wondering if the parents around me are starting to get used to that??) As she finished in 1st place I was so excited for her. She had accomplished one of her goals!! What parent wouldn't be proud of that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment