Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Driver Spotlight: Julia Landauer


Julia Landauer


There are many words that describe Julia Landauer. Stanford University Student, New Yorker, Businesswoman and most importantly Race Car Driver.  Julia began racing at the age of 10. Her family felt it was a great sport that they could do together on the weekends. She immediately fell in love with it and told her parents that she wanted to continue racing and pursue a career.

Over the years Julia has expereinced many different forms of racing. I asked her her favorite thing about each form. "My favorite thing about go-karts is how quickly everything happens on track. My favorite thing about formula cars is how varied and technical the tracks are...they're like puzzles, which I find so interesting. My favorite things about stock cars/oval racing is the intensely close, bumper-to-bumper racing."

Goals are very important in any career, especially racing. What's Julia's ultimate goal for her racing career? "I'm a racer and hope to have the opportunity to race every type of automobile. That being said, my ultimate goal is to make a career off of racing."

Julia is studying ways to make racing more environmentally friendly. She is currently a student at Stanford University where she is earning a B.S. in Science, Technology & Society. When asked why she decided to take this direction she responded, "Growing up many people I described racing to would point out how harmful racing is for the environment. I don't want that to be the first thing that comes to peoples' minds. There are also so many areas in which racing can be slightly more efficient while making a big difference, which fascinates me."

Julia had this to share with young girls as they enter their racing careers, "Never take "no" for an answer! If you really want it and are willing to work your butt off to get it, no one should have the power to stop you. You can almost always work around obstacles."

For more information on Julia Landauer visit her website, like her facebook page, or follow her on twitter: www.julialandauer.com, http://on.fb.me/gRbMSI (Facebook Fan Page), www.twitter.com/julialandauer

1 comment:

  1. It’s clear that racing is more than just a sport to her. I admire her deep passion for racing; being an advocate to make racing more environmentally friendly is just awesome! Also, I believe that her mentality will take her far. Racing is an unforgiving sport. It’s pretty clear that she can take that challenge head on!

    Mallory Clifford

    ReplyDelete